John and Rilla

John and Rilla

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Mother's day

We had the best time at Thanksgiving Point with my Mom, my ex mother-in-law, Cindy and cutie Hendrix, Rachel and Eric. We had 2 wheelchairs and a stroller. the paths are perfect for this kind of tour.

It was a little too cold but still fun. About 1/2 of the flowers were not open...long hard winter with lots of snow and rain...yes, snow in May!

















Mom's birthday is coming up in a few weeks...she turns 95. She can't hear, see, eat much or sometimes can't remember who I am.... but we try to make life as fun as possible.









1 comment:

Sandra and Brent said...

Hi Rilla. I loved your mother's day post. We went to Thanksgiving point a couple of years ago and rented a motorized scooter chair for my mom and a segway for my daughter, Laura, who was pregnant and having a terrible time with sciatica. My dad decided he wanted a turn on the segway and ended up going out of control, taking a hard fall and taking out three big planted pots!! Luckily he wasn't hurt too badly besides bumps and scrapes. Sigh. My mom was so mad at him!
I'm still waiting for the photos of John without his beard, by the way? Well. . . ?